1.21.2014

Tasty Tuesday // Spaghetti Squash

Over the weekend, I finally ate spaghetti squash. I've been trying to find healthy substitutes for some of my most loved "not so healthy" foods. I'd have to say spaghetti is at the top of my list of my most favorite things to eat. I'm a huge pasta lover and hardly ever pass up the chance to enjoy a big bowl of spaghetti. I'm finally starting to stick to healthier eating habits and figured it was about time to give spaghetti squash a try...turns out I like it :) 
 1. With a knife, carefully cut the squash in half.
 2. Scoop out the insides.
 It should look like this.
3. With a fork, poke a few holes so steam can come out.
 4. Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees. 
Once tender, use a fork to take out "spaghetti" from squash. Be careful if your squash is hot.
All done. Pair with your usual spaghetti toppings. 
Enjoy!! :)

xoxo erica

8 comments:

  1. Whoa, seriously? I'm pinning this! Haha I need to try this now

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowww, I maybe need to try this. :) I hope you've been well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love spaghetti squash! I like to sauté onions and mushrooms to go on top along with some fresh Parmesan :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This look so delicious!! I would love to make this! Sadly my oven doesn't work, but one day I'll have to try this!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum, yum, and more yum! :)

    love,
    a

    www.missdecaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this looks yummy thanks for sharing .pls. check my blog we can follow each other if you like =) just let me know. Hugs http://anotsosecretlife2011.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks great, never even thought about this idea, but it's very cool. Will have to try it xx

    ReplyDelete

Follow Sea of Blooming Dreams