6.16.2014

DIY // Pom Pom Tote

 Lately I've been into pom poms...I'm not sure why, but I guess it's because they are so darn cute! I use tote bags all the time to carry essentials whether it's while going to the gym, a quick shopping trip, or even just to keep all my electronics together. I feel like I'm always on the go so it's nice to have everything in one place...sometimes I even throw my clutch in there. Since pom poms are my latest obsession, I figured why not? Let's make a pom pom tote! Oh and colors that remind me of the ocean are always a plus for summer.
 Supplies: Yarn, Tote Bag, Scissors, Glue Gun
 First you will need to make your pom poms.
1. Wrap yarn around 3 fingers about 55-65 times.
2. Cut a piece of yarn about 6 inches long.
3. Wrap that piece around the yarn wrapped on your fingers.
 4. I remove my middle finger and adjust the string to center the yarn.
5. Tie the string in a knot.
6. Cut the edges to create pom pom.
 7. Place glue in the center of pom pom and press the middle pieces together.
8. Glue pom pom to tote bag.
All done and ready to fill with all your summer essentials!!
xoxo erica

13 comments:

  1. Oooh, this is just another example of your cute creativity! Love the pom poms :D

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks girlie...that's such a sweet comment.

      xo erica

      Delete
  2. This is so cool, I've always wondered how you make pom poms yourself, very clever!! I love the bag. Have a gorgeous week doll xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, pom poms are so easy to make...i love them!

      xo erica

      Delete
  3. Those are the cutest little pom poms ever. I can't wait to try making them!

    xx Sarah | Loser Girl Wins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl, hope you have fun doing them.

      xo erica

      Delete
  4. So cute - and creative!
    www.theurbanumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) pom poms are the cutest right?

      xo erica

      Delete
  5. This is so adorable and fun! I need to do this! Thanks for the easy to follow instructions!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you must try this!! It's so easy.

      xo erica

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh, that is so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly :) it's my new favorite tote to carry around.

      xo erica

      Delete
  7. hehehe, this is ridiculously cute! :D

    ReplyDelete

Follow Sea of Blooming Dreams