10.29.2014

Delicious Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

So I'v officially fallen into the whole pumpkin craze this year. I love love love chocolate chips cookies and got the itch to bake some from scratch over the weekend. The only thing was that I couldn't get the idea of maybe how amazing pumpkin chocolate chips cookies would be...I mean I hardly even eat pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving so this was really a gamble for me. I was just really curious about the whole thing and quickly looked recipes on Pinterest. I followed this one with a minor tweak...yum yum yum, these are mouth watering good :)
In one bowl mix together
1 cup of canned pumpkin, 1/2 cup vegetable oil, 1 cup of white sugar, and one egg.
In a separate bowl, mix together
2 cups of flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, *1 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 1/2 tsp salt.
Dissolve 1 tsp of baking soda with 1 tsp milk and stir into the wet ingredients.
Add your bowl of dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
Add 1 tbs of vanilla and stir in one 11 oz bag of chocolate chips.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spoon mixture into separate cookies.
Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes.
*My tweak was adding the pumpkin pie spice because I wanted to taste more of the pumpkin flavor. See the original recipe here.
xoxo erica

6 comments:

Follow Sea of Blooming Dreams